Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm Back!

With a new look and everything! Check me out! Anyways, life has been a little on the crazy side and pretty much everything took a back seat except survival and my kid. I am coming out of the other side; into the light, people, into the light! (I do not suffer from depression, folks, just some series of events that have kept a sister down, I tell ya!) But, I am feeling positive and much more like myself - still have all the crap I was supposed to do a year ago, but at least I feel like me, right? Have been productive and just have to keep that train moving. Look, I am blogging again, that's a step in the right direction!

Anyways, I am now the proud proud mommy of an extremely precocious 2 and a half year old whose command of the English language continues to astound me. Her vocabulary, comprehension, and application skills are just wildly amazing. Seriously my husband and I scratch our heads and just look at each other every night. Like, where did she come from? Or, where did she learn that? She can hear something once and apply it correctly in a sentence a week later. Crazy stuff! And the stories she tells now. And her inflections and cute mannerisms. It is all too much. Nevermind she is just. too. funny! Every day I laugh out loud at her. This age is fabulous and I am so grateful to be her mommy every single day. Alright, I know I am gushing, but I am absolutely, positively in love with my smarty-pants, cutie-patootie little angel!

We only nurse now during the morning and at night and she naps on her own (albeit very short), but still, ON HER OWN!!! This was a major victory for me, and for her. She has done quite well. I told her my breasts were empty during the day and they only filled up at night and in the morning. She talks about my breasts all the time, as we now bathe together regularly, and we have some pretty comical discussions.

Potty has taken a back seat and will probably start that up here soon. Eating has been better and we are off the nugget and french fry phase (oh thank you, Lord!). If I never see another chicken nugget it will be too soon! Still waiting on the last 4 molars to pop, who knows how long those will take.

Her and I started music again for the Fall semester. Did you hear that, Fall semester. It is FALL, people! My season of renewal - I am so happy! I have decorated the house and am SO inspired to get things done and be productive. I LOVE to cook in the fall and do fall-ish stuff - pumpkin patches, football games, festivals, etc.

Have started seeing some clients again and my support group is going well. Have my hand in some teaching projects. Have so many other plans.

Eric and I are all about reconnecting after all the prolonged absences we have faced this year. It has been fabulous, we are having so much fun. Just like dating again! Have so many fun plans, and can't wait to get to them.

Lost 20 lbs on Nutrisystem and have been off for awhile. I need to get back on track with the exercise and eating routine. Hoping to get there soon.

I think I covered everything. Just know that I am so thankful to God for all my many blessings and I live every day with a heart full of gratitude. I am LOVING life right now and just want to soak it all in...

2 comments:

caramama said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! It sounds like things are pretty good. Way to go losing 20 lbs! That's not easy.

I'm loving this age too! Except when she's got a case of the Nos, which happens all too often these days.

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Oh shit - I better get my butt moving and start blogging again too! oye!