Monday, March 22, 2010

Praying

I have some other posts rattling around up in the old noggin, but I am beat down tonight.

My baby just had her 3rd birthday party, which was fabulous and full of friends and laughter and life in general.  We are so very blessed, but it has left us a bit exhausted.  Also, her surgery is a week from tomorrow, and I feel like life just snuck up on me and I am just. not. ready!  Not a good feeling.

Found out the Monsignor at our parish is leaving this summer - I can't even describe how heartbroken I felt when I heard that.  I was almost one of the multitude of those shedding tears at Mass today.

As for the state of this country, well, suffice it to say I am afraid.  Very very afraid.  *shaking head in total disbelief*

It is an understatement to say that I need some quiet reflective time and PRAYER.  All of a sudden everything feels like a house of cards.  I am feeling very lost, unsure, and afraid right now.  And I need to keep telling myself to TRUST.  God has a plan, of that I know.  But what does that mean for us right now?

Is this how the disciples felt when they knew they would be losing Jesus?  When he died?  I am sure they felt abandoned, alone, unsure, afraid, and lost.  Yet, they went on, not sure of the plan.  And they built the Church.  The power of the Holy Spirit is a powerful thing, and I need a fill-up.

That's all I have for tonight.

2 comments:

caramama said...

Happy birthday to your 3 year old!

Also, congrats on finishing the big project and the great weight loss!

OneHappyCow said...

Thank you! Overall, life is pretty darn good right now. She is having her tonsils out on Monday, but I think I am more of a wreck than she is!