So, guess who slept through the night last night? What an angel, I swear!
Well, despite the well-intentioned good advice of those I have solicited, I am changing up the naptime thing back to the status quo (read: sleeping in her carseat). At least until nighttime is under control. Today was just a mess, she was tired (because she is getting at least 2-3 hours less than usual currently) and therefore clingy and without any coping ability at all. She wanted me, then I'd pick her up and she'd cry and try to get down. I'd put her down and she'd wail like if I was cutting off her foot. It was awful. And she wanted nothing to do with daddy. Nada, zero, zip. I hate seeing her like that and I hate that I can't fix it for her. Today I tried her in her crib with the morning nap and no dice after about 40 mins. And she was a disaster afterwards. This is too reminiscent of me trying to "break" her. And as much as I call her one, she is certainly NOT a monkey. She is a human child, MY baby daughter. And this is not working right now, so I am calling bullshit. I mentioned in previous posts about my guilt with our prior sleep training experience. I always wondered if I should have taken a more gentler approach. This time (yes, after MUCH deliberation) I came to realize it is the best thing for us and it works well (at night). Now, in the nap circumstance, is my chance to rectify things in my mind (for her and myself) and take that gentler approach. So that is my plan for right now: do what works with regard to naps. Sleeping in the carseat is not nursing to sleep, and so for now, it is what we will do (and I can study again). Not great for the environment, or our pocketbook, but for my sanity - PRICELESS! [she did this when we first moved here too and I struggled and struggled with my nap time woes. only when I stopped caring and just went with it was when she got on a good routine and slept reliably in her crib. so it is with a hope and a prayer this will happen again!]
Now, as far as Sleep Training Night 3: cried for a total of 15 mins and flopped down on her belly and is asleep. We'll see what the rest of the night brings, but I am considering that a small victory. Even better, she is down an hour earlier than the previous nights, bringing it closer to her normal bedtime. Thank god!
On another note, my application has been received and I am slated to take the LC exam on July 28th in VA. It is official people, I need to get my ass in gear and get studying! These last 2 nights have felt like weeks, I will get back on track tomorrow night, I swear!
My oldest BFF is coming in to town, actually hubs is driving her in as I write, and is sadly only here one night due to a family death. At least I get her for tonight and part of tomorrow. It will be fun, but as always, way too little time together.
One other thing before I go, I am trying this new product, MonaVie, over the next month. It is a super antioxidant drink that is supposed to give you energy, make you feel healthy, avenge your body of free radicals, and blah blah blah. Sooo, I will let you know. Anyone interested in it, just give me a holler. I fully realize it is not miracle juice, but I am FIRM believer in the power of antioxidants and so-called superfoods.
Have about 10 more minutes of just me (!) time for today, so I am off... more later.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you are finally getting some YOU time. Remember: doing the right thing is not always the easy thing...but it is worth it in the end. Em will be happier and so will you! Keep it up...and don't worry about the naps. Keep working on nights, then once she has that mastered that, move onto daytime naps. Too much at once may throw it all off. Way to go!
Post a Comment